Wednesday, April 7, 2010

No I didn't fall asleep on my book. I'm studying by Osmosis.

In the 6th grade I did a science project on the process of Osmosis. Alright, who am I kidding. When I was in the 6th grade my mom did my science project on the process of Osmosis. Gotta keep the facts straight.  Osmosis is the transfer of water through a semi-permeable membrane.  She proved this by putting a stick of celery in a cup full of blue water.  Within a few the celery would turn blue because it was absorbing the water via osmosis.  This is the basic idea of the experiment.  What I want to know now is can I learn the information for my political science exam via osmosis?  Theoretically, I should be able to sleep on my text books and absorb the information overnight.  It seems that some people have tried to attempt this in the past during exams.  There is even a group on Facebook dedicated to people who are "Firm Believers in Studying through Osmosis."  I wonder what their average GPA is?

1 comment:

  1. Probably need to confirm that that is not me in the picture... although it does kind of resemble me.

    ReplyDelete